10. Maintenance of personnel files
A personnel file must be set up for each staff member. This file should contain all correspondence and information relating to that employee, and include (but not limited to) the following:
- signed copy of the employment contract (and copy of contract variations)
- copy of the job description
- employee requisition form
- notes on completed reference checks
- emergency data (RED) form (completed)
- entry interview form (completed)
- orientation checklist (completed)
- signed code(s) of conduct
- copy of identification card
- performance evaluation forms upon completion.
Personnel files should be securely locked and handled only by the person designated by the Country Director (or delegate). No other person will have access to personal files, without the express authorisation of the Country Director (or delegate).